Stora Enso is a leading provider of renewable solutions in packaging, biomaterials, wooden constructions and paper on global markets. Our aim is to replace fossil based materials by innovating and developing new products and services based on wood and other renewable materials. The group has some 25 000 employees in more than 35 countries, and is publicly listed on the Helsinki and Stockholm stock exchanges. In 2016, group sales totaled EUR 9.8 billion and operational EBIT EUR 884 million.
We are now looking for two experienced Chief Accountants to join our Finance Delivery team.The location is Helsinki, Kanavaranta.
The other Chief Accountant will be responsible for the statutory accounting and reporting for the Parent Company Stora Enso Oyj and the other will be responsible for statutory accounting and reporting for one or several legal entities.
• Accounting and statutory reporting according to the Finnish GAAP including asset accounting
• Reporting to HFM for the Group Accounting and Reporting team according to IFRS
• Income tax return
• Preparation of monthly and quarterly VAT returns and annual VAT refunds for Finland and foreign countries
• Balance Sheet reconciliations
• Transfer pricing documentation
• Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual statistics
• Fulfilling the internal controls according to internal control framework
• Contacts with local auditors and other official authorities as well as for the internal stakeholders, e.g. Business Units in Finland, Group Accounting and Reporting and Group Tax Services
• Monitoring of accounting processes regarding correctness and completeness
• Training and instructing operational units in accounting issues
• Participating in process development and improvement, e.g. digitalization, robotics, Internal controls and processes.
• MSc. Degree in Economics or equivalent degree or a minimum of 5-10 years of relevant professional experience
• Knowledge of Finnish GAAP and IFRS as well as tax regulations
• Good understanding of the accounting processes and excellent analytical skills
• Knowledge of IT systems: SAP-FI, AA, and Hyperion
• Ability to work under high time pressure and flexibility in working hours
• Experience from a mill/other operational unit
• Good communication and language skills in Finnish and English, both verbal and written
• Development-orientated mind-set
• Good co-operation skills and ability to work in a partly outsourced team
In addition, we expect the parent company´s chief accountant to have good knowledge of complex accounting. The selected person should have strong experience of parent company bookkeeping in a listed company and knowledge of for example financial derivative instruments, tax issues and fixed assets accounting.
For more information, please contact Maiju Kangas, tel. +358 50 302 7185 or Pia Paavilainen tel. +358 50 3059 217 at HRS Advisors Oy. To apply, please complete the application form at our web pages and submit your CV and application with your salary request by September 21st, 2017.