Bewi Styrochem Oy is the leading Expandable Polystyrene (EPS) producer in Northern Europe. EPS is a polymer material, which is used as raw material in construction insulation materials and the packaging industry.
The production plant and the office is located in Porvoo in the Kilpilahti industrial area. The annual production capacity is 100.000 tons, of which most is exported. The company employs about 70 people and the turnover is about 120 MEUR.
We are now looking for a
Research & Development Engineer
to be part of Bewi Styrochem and Bewi Group R&D organization
Your main responsibilities are
• Development of EPS products
• Development of packaging and insulation solutions of expandable plastics
• Pilot scale processing of EPS products
• Pilot and laboratory scale polymerization
• Optimization of processes and equipment
• Be part of the Bewi Group R&D and the Technical Service team
• Technical service at customers’ plants
We expect you to have an academic degree in polymer chemistry or material science. You have experience in research and development work. You have a passion for studying new and you are not afraid of thinking differently. You are eager to develop new concepts and you are capable of working independently. You have knowledge in expandable plastic products, polymer processes and extrusion technology. You are able to work in Finnish, English and Swedish. Willingness to travel is important.
We offer you
• independent and practical research and development work in the field of polymers, expandable plastic packaging and insulation products in an innovative and dynamic Nordic organisation
• competitive salary and personnel benefits
• international working environment
For more information, please contact Pia Paavilainen tel. +358 50 3059 217 at HRS Advisors Oy. To apply, please complete the application form at the web page www.hrsadvisors.fi and submit your CV and application with a salary request by September 11, 2016.