Tikkurila is a leading Nordic paint company with expertise that spans decades. We develop premium products and services that provide our customers quality that will stand the test of time and weather. We operate in ten countries and our 3,000 dedicated professionals share the joy of building a vivid future through surfaces that make a difference. In 2017, our revenue totaled EUR 582 million. The company is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. Nordic quality from start to finish since 1862.
We are strengthening our international RDI (Research, Development and Innovation) team with four researchers in Finland. We have one open position for one researcher in each team:
- Decorative exterior wood and metal products
- Decorative interior wood products
- Industrial metal products
- Industrial wood products
This job advertisement is about positions for industrial metal and wood products teams. Please indicate your preference in the application letter.
Researcher (Industrial wood or Industrial metal)
Your main responsibilities will include the development of new products and improvement of existing products in alignment with the company’s goals.
To succeed in this role, you will have the ambition to develop our technical solutions and ability to react flexibly to the results of your actions and to the needs of our customers. You enjoy working as part of an international research team and you are also able to make decisions independently. You communicate and co-operate efficiently with Tikkurila’s RDI community and other stakeholders with a goal to achieve the best customer value. You will actively follow the development of raw materials, application techniques and markets to ensure the competitiveness of our products.
The position is based in Tikkurila headquarters in Vantaa, Finland. You will report to RDI Manager, Industrial Metal or RDI Manager, Industrial Wood.
We expect you to have:
- Master’s degree in Chemistry, Materials Science or equivalent
- Relevant experience in paint technology, especially in development of paint products for industrial metal or wood
- Experience in water-borne or solvent-borne industrial paints, or fire retardant coatings is appreciated
- Knowledge of test methods and standards used in the paint industry
- Ability and interest to understand chemical background of paint and paint components, and follow the development of the industry
- Experience in technical project management
- Result and solution oriented mindset
- Good collaboration and communication skills
- Fluent verbal and written Finnish and English, other language skills are an advantage
Industrial metal related expectations:
- Relevant experience in paint technology, especially in 2-component products
- Expertise on metal chemistry, and surface treatment of metal is appreciated
We offer you a chance to work with a Nordic market leader in a challenging and international position with an opportunity for professional development, and an inspiring and motivating place to work with great colleagues.
For more information you are welcome to contact Krister Botell, 050 304 2410 or Toni Koskinen, 040 742 7525 at HRS Advisors Oy.
Please leave your application and CV no later than 20th of May.