Outotec provides leading technologies and services for the Sustainable use of Earth’s natural resources. As the global leader in minerals and metals processing technology, we have developed many breakthrough technologies over the decades for our customers in metals and mining industry. We also provide innovative solutions for industrial water treatment, the utilization of alternative energy sources and the chemical industry. Outotec shares are listed on NASDAQ OMX Helsinki. www.outotec.com
At Outotec we are passionate about building innovative and sustainable solutions that fulfill world’s growing need for natural resources. We are continuously entering new markets and businesses, which creates interesting opportunities for personal and professional growth in our multinational work environment.
Senior Process Metallurgist – Battery Metals Hydrometallurgy (precursor manufacturing)
We are looking for a Senior Process Metallurgist for Outotec’s Hydrometallurgy Business line with the specialized role in supporting the offering development and project implementation in Battery precursors manufacturing field. The key responsibilities of the Battery metals team are to sell and deliver Outotec’s process solutions and technologies for this segment as well as to contribute in development of new process solutions. He/she will report to the head of the Product Group and location will be preferably in Espoo, Finland.
As Senior Process Metallurgist – Battery Metals Hydrometallurgy, you will:
- Be a member of the BL technology expert team supporting our global business with the focus on developing and implementing our offering in the battery precursor manufacturing area.
- Participate building Outotec business & technology strategies and action plans for these fast-growing markets
- Support / lead process and technology development projects as part of our R&D on the focus area of battery precursors manufacturing.
- Support our marketing activities
- Support solution sales and services in the tender preparation phase and participate in the sales negotiations
- Support / lead studies and implementation projects in process engineering and commissioning
- Internal and external technology training on the focus area battery precursors manufacturing.
- Maintain good relationship with the customers and other internal and external stakeholders
- Apply effectively Outotec’s business processes and tools
- The exact role and tasks will be defined based on the candidate skillset and aligned with our related business strategies.
To succeed, you will need to be hungry for new business and to have:
- M.Sc or D.Sc degree in process metallurgy, chemical / process engineering or equivalent
- Preferably at least five years of working experience, practical experience in hydrometallurgical battery materials manufacturing industries is considered a great advantage
- Understanding of battery manufacturing processes
- Good team working and collaborative problem-solving skills
- Interest in and motivation to project-oriented work
- Fluent communication skills in English, other languages are an advantage
- Ability to work under pressure and communicate assertively
- Ability to take creative ideas and make them to serve practical purposes
- Willingness for worldwide travelling, including longer assignments working in project teams located abroad and at sites
This is a great opportunity to participate development of the fast-growing business segment in Outotec’s hydrometallurgical business.
For further information, please contact HRS Advisors consultant Antti Lahtinen +358407718886 or Pia Paavilainen +358503059217. To apply, please complete the application form and submit your CV and application with your salary request by November 30th, 2018.