Glaston is the glass processing industry’s innovative technology leader supplying equipment, services and solutions to the architectural, automotive, solar and appliance industries. The company also supports the development of new technologies integrating intelligence to glass.
Glaston is committed to providing its clients with both the best know-how and the latest technologies in glass processing, with the purpose of building a better tomorrow through safer, smarter, and more energy efficient glass solutions. Glaston operates globally with manufacturing, services and sales offices in 10 countries and its shares (GLA1V) are listed on NASDAQ Helsinki Ltd. For more information, please visit www.glaston.net
We are looking for a customer-oriented
Director, Development and Innovation
to join our team in Tampere. Development and Innovation Director plays an important role in Glaston Heat Treatment organization. Your key mission is to ensure our global product portfolio competitiveness in all targeted customer segments. You enable our business growth through managing and prioritising the development portfolio and ensuring efficient execution of the selected projects to meet our business targets. D&I team leads different kinds of projects from glass process specific hardware development to increasing amount of software products, robotics, and automation. Your direct D&I team consists of 10 specialists, and you work in close collaboration with the Business Line Directors. Director D&I is part of Glaston Heat Treatment management team and reports to Senior Vice President, Heat Treatment.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Manage the product development portfolio and prioritise the development activities to ensure world-leading global offering competitiveness
- Ensure the ways of working in D&I are efficient, agile, and we constantly aim to accelerate innovation cycles
- Manage resources to deliver projects on time and within the budget
- Lead, motivate, coach and continuously develop D&I team to meet the Heat Treatment business targets
- Analyze industry trends and developments. You will work closely with product management, sales, production, and our customers to understand the market development and our customers’ needs
- Ensure customer intimacy: successful innovations meet with the real customer needs. You will form direct customer contacts in co-operation with regional sales and service organisations to gain insights of the future customer needs
- As a Heat Treatment segment management team member, you strongly contribute to the culture and growth of the segment
A successful candidate has:
- Master’s degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Director, D&I is a senior management position. At least 5 years’ experience of development experience in project business, preferably in an international environment.
- Experience in software development, robotics is an advantage as software and automation plays an increasingly important role in our development roadmap
- Knowledge of change management and strong leadership skills
- Good skills in working with people, ability to influence people and drive change
- Good cross-cultural and communication skills
- Fluent command of written and spoken English and Finnish
Grow with us. We continuously aim at bringing new technology solutions and innovations to the glass processing market. You have the opportunity to work together with the best experts in the field and build a stronger role for the use of glass in the future. We focus on a high level of know-how and enable you to develop an inspiring career path with us.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with SVP, Heat Treatment, Miika Äppelqvist +358 50 527 9268, available 5.5. at 12-13.00 or contact HRS Advisors, Tarja Kohtamäki +358 400 797 453, available 7.5. at 14-16.00 or 10.5. at 15-17.00. Please apply by sending your resume and application with your salary expectation no later than 14th of May.