Stora Enso is a leading global provider of renewable solutions in packaging, biomaterials, wooden constructions and paper. Our fiber-based materials are renewable, recyclable and fossil free. Our solutions offer low-carbon alternatives to products based on finite resources. We believe that everything that is made from fossil-based materials today can be made from a tree tomorrow.
Career for a better climate. Every day.
Stora Enso Group Accounting and Reporting is responsible for the consolidation of the Group companies’ financials and the preparation of interim and annual reports. We ensure timely and reliable financial reporting to the market complying with IFRS, legal and corporate requirements. Our team maintains and develops the reporting system as well as the processes related to financial reporting. Group Accounting and Reporting provides guidance and training on financial reporting to the units and takes active part in all major business transactions impacting the Group. The Group’s treasury controlling also belongs to our responsibilities and in this role of Manager Treasury Controlling you will work with controlling and accounting issues in relation to different locations across the globe and in respect of a variety of financial instruments ranging from loans, cross-currency interest rate swaps, foreign exchange forwards and options to commodity hedges. The work is performed in close co-operation with the Treasury function.
Stora Enso Treasury is responsible for Long-term financing, Financial risk management, Cash and liquidity management, Financial institution and debt investor relations as well as Financial advisory and forecasts for Stora Enso Group and subsidiary companies. Treasury provides Stora Enso with high quality financial market services, innovative solutions to enhance the Groups’ customer offering and flexibility to support the strategic transformation.
Main areas of responsibility
- Concept ownership of Stora Enso’s accounting, controlling and reporting for multi-billion financial items: loans, deposits, currency, interest rate and commodity hedges.
- Forecasting and management reporting of the Group financial items
- Be a valued business partner for Treasury function by providing insightful management information and accounting advice.
- Monitoring of subsidiaries’ foreign exchange, interest and other financial items reporting and transactions.
- Coordinating role in the preparation of the notes in the Interim and Annual Report related to financial instruments
- Follow up of Treasury related IFRS developments and lead implementation of relevant accounting standards
- Auditor co-operation and internal controls development
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and competences:
- At least 5 years of experience in accounting & controlling for financial instruments
- University degree in Economics, Accounting as major and/or professional accounting qualification would be an advantage
- Good understanding of financial accounting and IFRS practices – good knowledge of IFRS 9 and IFRS 7 standards and hedge accounting practices is required
- Good knowledge of financial instruments
- Knowledge of consolidation systems and Treasury management systems is an advantage
- Ability to coach and review the work of colleagues in the Treasury reporting and accounting area
- Solid verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong problem solving skills, proactive approach and willingness to lead initiatives and work independently
- Ability to adapt to changing situations, think outside the box and deliver results within required time frame
- Serve both internal and external stakeholders with high motivation and customer friendly approach
- Act with high integrity to uphold our values and policies
What We Offer
With our values, “Lead and Do what’s right”, we endeavour to set an example in all aspects of our business as well as sustainability. We dare to take the initiative and constantly ask ourselves what more we can do, what can we do better. This is an excellent opportunity for you to be a part of the journey Stora Enso is on – transforming from a traditional forest industry company into a renewable materials growth company. This role offers you an excellent opportunity to develop your expertise further.
Please submit your application via the link below, latest by the 4th of June. Hiring manager, Ciprian Nastase, Vice President of Group Accounting and Reporting, ciprian.nastase (at) storaenso.com , +358504869475, is happy to answer your questions about the open position for example during May 27th at 14:00-16:00 or May 31th at 14:00-16:00.
Other questions regarding the recruitment process can be directed to HRS Advisors’ consultant Maiju Kangas, +358503027185, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we review applications continuously and accept applications submitted only through the recruitment system.
Watch our film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUElPYaxgqs&t=6s