VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd is one of the leading research and technology organisations in Europe. Our research and innovation services give our partners, both private and public, all over the world a competitive edge. We pave the way for the future by developing new smart technologies, profitable solutions and innovation services. We create technology for business – for the benefit of society.
Smart Industry and Energy Systems Business Area is looking for an experienced and dynamic Business Area HR Manager to be a trusted advisor to our leaders and employees to help them deliver their best work
Smart industry and energy systems develops novel, smart solutions for the benefit of manufacturing industry as well as of energy systems. We are boosting the prospects of manufacturing industry by developing new industrial innovation ecosystems and solutions based on the industrial internet. Parallel development of technology and business models is a key element in our R&D. Through our focus areas, we foster structural change in the manufacturing industry and develop smart and low carbon solutions in energy production, distribution and usage.
If you have the passion to influence our organization at a strategic level and yet are able to maintain strong operative delivery, now it´s time to apply and make a difference.
With us you will be responsible for
Leading the people agenda at the BA together with the BA leadership team.
- be a sparring partner to our leaders and act as a member of the Business Area`s Leadership team
- support our leaders in reaching the targets through people agenda
- act as a change leader and support positive transformation
- assess and anticipate people-related needs (eg. resourcing, leadership, wellbeing)
- facilitate the people processes in BA
- analyze the competence related current and future needs
- ensuring adequate resourcing together with the business area leaders
- be an active member of the HR Leadership team in building an excellent workplace
We expect you to have
- broad experience in various HR areas of expertise
- broad experience in leading successful transformation with solutions-oriented mindset
- ability to transfer business objectives, both strategic and operational, into practice
- experience from an international working environment
- experience in coaching and mentoring
- excellent communication and influencing skills
- passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement
- excellent interpersonal skill and ability to coach, influence and partner with various levels of the organization
- energetic can-do attitude
- Master`s Degree
- fluency in Finnish and English
As a person you are open and interactive and able to inspire people around you. You are a team player with good negotiation skills and a strong business acumen
Our mission is to create an impact that generates sustainable growth and wellbeing in society. At VTT, we believe that our impact is built on scientific and technological excellence in all our work. Our people are the core of the next generation VTT. Our personnel’s well-being and competence development are key priorities. You will be a part of a creative and international working environment.
For further information about the position, please contact Pia Paavilainen at HRS Advisors, tel. 050 3059 217. To apply, please complete the application form at our web pages www.hrsadvisors.fi and submit your CV and application with a salary request by April the 29th, 2018. We will start interviewing suitable candidates before the application due date.