Stora Enso is a leading provider of renewable solutions in packaging, biomaterials, wooden constructions and paper on global markets. Our aim is to replace fossil-based materials by innovating and developing new products and services based on wood and other renewable materials. Stora Enso has some 26 000 employees in over 30 countries. Our sales in 2017 were EUR 10 billion, with an operational EBIT of EUR 1 billion. Stora Enso shares are listed on Nasdaq Helsinki Oy (STEAV, STERV) and Nasdaq Stockholm AB (STE A, STE R).
Stora Enso has chosen a new ambitious path for its Finance Delivery function, embracing a next-generation shared service model and new smart technologies for process digitalization. If you are enthusiastic about providing best business support services and can relate to Stora Enso purpose “doing good for the people and the planet”, we invite you to join our journey.
The Chief Accountant will be responsible for statutory accounting and reporting for one or several legal entities. The location is Helsinki, Kanavaranta.
- Accounting and statutory reporting according to the Finnish GAAP including asset accounting
- Reporting to HFM for the Group Accounting and Reporting team according to IFRS
- Income tax return
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly VAT returns and annual VAT refunds for Finland and foreign countries
- Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Transfer pricing documentation
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual statistics
- Fulfilling the internal controls according to internal control framework
- Contacts with local auditors and other official authorities as well as for the internal stakeholders, e.g. Business Units in Finland, Group Accounting and Reporting and Group Tax Services
- Monitoring of accounting processes regarding correctness and completeness
- Training and instructing operational units in accounting issues
- Participating in process development and improvement, e.g. digitalization, robotics, Internal controls and processes.
- Degree in Economics or equivalent degree or a minimum of 5-10 years of relevant professional experience
- Knowledge of Finnish GAAP and IFRS as well as tax regulations
- Good understanding of the accounting processes and excellent analytical skills
- Knowledge of IT systems: SAP-FI, AA, and Hyperion
- Ability to work under high time pressure and flexibility in working hours
- Experience from a mill/other operational unit
- Good communication and language skills in Finnish and English, both verbal and written
- Development-orientated mind-set
- Good co-operation skills
For more information, please contact Maiju Kangas, tel. +358 50 302 7185 or Pia Paavilainen tel. +358 50 3059 217 at HRS Advisors Oy. To apply, please complete the application form at our web pages www.hrsadvisors.fi and submit your CV and application with your salary request by June 26th, 2018.