Stora Enso is a leading provider of renewable solutions in packaging, biomaterials, wooden constructions and paper on global markets. Our aim is to replace fossil based materials by innovating and developing new products and services based on wood and other renewable materials. The group has some 25 000 employees in more than 35 countries, and is publicly listed on the Helsinki and Stockholm stock exchanges. In 2016, group sales totaled EUR 9.8 billion and operational EBIT EUR 884 million.
MANAGER TREASURY CONTROLLING, GROUP ACCOUNTING AND REPORTING
Group Accounting and Reporting is responsible for the consolidation of the Group companies’ financials and the preparation of interim and annual reports. We ensure timely and reliable financial reporting to the market complying with IFRS, legal and corporate requirements. Our team maintains and develops the reporting system as well as the processes related to financial reporting. Group Accounting and Reporting provides guidance and training on financial reporting to the units and takes active part in all major business transactions impacting the Group. The Group’s treasury controlling also belongs to our responsibilities.
Treasury is Stora Enso Group’s sole treasury function, and is responsible for Long-term financing, Financial risk management, Cash and liquidity management, Financial institution and debt investor relations as well as Financial advisory and forecasts for Stora Enso Group and Group Companies. Treasury provides Stora Enso with high quality financial market services, innovative solutions to enhance the Groups’ customer offering and flexibility to support the strategic transformation.
Our Group Controlling function is looking for an energetic professional which will be responsible for the financial reporting and business controlling of the financial items of Stora Enso Group. The location is the Group’s head office in Kanavaranta, Helsinki.
Main areas of responsibility
• Concept ownership of Stora Enso’s accounting and reporting for multi-billion financial items: loans, deposits, currency, interest rate and commodity hedges.
• Forecasting and management reporting of the Group financial items and approval of the related Group Income Statement and Balance Sheet items
• Be a valued partner for Treasury and contribute to achieve its mission by providing insightful management information and accounting advice
• Monitoring of subsidiaries’ foreign exchange, interest and other financial items reporting and transactions
• Coordinating role in the preparation of the notes in the Interim and Annual Report related to financial instruments
• Follow up of Treasury related IFRS developments and lead implementation of relevant accounting standards
• Auditor co-operation and internal controls development
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and competences:
• At least 5 years of experience in accounting for financial instruments
• University degree in Economics, Accounting as major would be an advantage
• Good understanding of financial accounting and IFRS practices – good knowledge of IAS 39, IFRS 7, IFRS 9 standards and hedge accounting practices is required
• Knowledge of consolidation systems (HFM) and Treasury management systems is an advantage
• Ability to coach and review the work of colleagues in the Treasury reporting and accounting area
• Solid verbal and written communication skills in English
• Strong problem solving skills and ability to understand cause and effect relationships
• Ability to adapt to changing situations, innovate and deliver results within required time frame
• Consistently develop practical procedures and complete tasks through to a conclusion
• Serve both internal and external stakeholders with high motivation and customer friendly approach
• Act with high integrity to uphold our values and policies
The position reports to VP, Group Accounting and Reporting and is located in Helsinki.
HRS Advisors / Pia Paavilainen tel. +358 50 3059 217
Please submit your application by 28.11.2017. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.