Stora Enso is a leading provider of renewable solutions in packaging, biomaterials, wooden constructions and paper on global markets. Our aim is to replace fossil based materials by innovating and developing new products and services based on wood and other renewable materials. The group has some 25 000 employees in more than 35 countries, and is publicly listed on the Helsinki and Stockholm stock exchanges. In 2016, group sales totaled EUR 9.8 billion and operational EBIT EUR 884 million.
Our Group Controlling function is looking for a professional with good knowledge of IFRS and experience in implementing accounting standards. The location is Helsinki, Kanavaranta.
SENIOR ANALYST, GROUP ACCOUNTING AND REPORTING
Group Accounting and Reporting is responsible for the consolidation of the Group companies’ financials and the preparation of interim and annual reports. We ensure timely and reliable financial reporting to the market complying with IFRS, legal and corporate requirements. Our team maintains and develops the reporting system as well as the processes related to financial reporting. Group Accounting and Reporting provides guidance and training on financial reporting to the units and takes active part in all major business transactions impacting the Group. The Group’s treasury controlling also belongs to our responsibilities. As a team member, you will contribute to many of these areas.
Area of responsibility
- Monitoring the IFRS and other GAAP developments and maintain the relevant guidelines and instructions
- Accounting principle interpretations
- Utilizing IFRS expertise in special accounting areas
- Key player in group consolidation process and preparation of interim and annual reports
- Contact to divisions, mills and country accounting services to ensure that the Group reporting is prepared according to the Group policies and IFRS
- Develop the external reporting process at the Group level including relevant controls
- Key role in certain specific accounting areas e.g. equity accounted investments, fair valuations, impairment testing, pensions, provisions and fixed assets
- Auditor co-operation
- At least 3 years of experience in group level consolidation with solid understanding in fundamental financial principles
- University degree in Economics, Accounting as major would be an advantage
- Interest and experience in external accounting
- Knowledge of HFM, IFRS and consolidated financial statements
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written in English
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to understand cause and affect relationships
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and deliver results within required time frame
- Consistently develop practical procedures and complete tasks through to a conclusion
- Meet people with ease and motivate them to seek opportunities and achieve high standards
- Provide a high level of internal or external customer satisfaction within a specific area of expertise
For more information, please contact Pia Paavilainen tel. +358 50 3059 217 at HRS Advisors Oy. To apply, please complete the application form at our web pages www.hrsadvisors.fi and submit your CV and application with a salary request by October the 1st , 2017.